The smaller of the two Pitiuses islands, Formentera lies 16km south of Ibiza Island. A day trip to Formentera is often a must do activity for visitors to Ibiza.
Although there are package deals here for tourists, the island has been saved from mass tourism and is relatively under developed, in comparison to its neighbour of Ibiza. Luckily any buildings higher than four stories have been outlawed, preserving the natural beauty of the island. While the island is only 84 kilometres square, there is plenty to explore, in particular some stunning white sandy beaches. Es Pujols is the main resort on the island with a pretty promenade hosting small cafes, restaurants and a hand full of bars, not to mention a Caribbean style white sandy beach with turquoise water. Regular boats leave from all the main resorts in Ibiza- see the travel & transport section for details.
More Ibiza Insights...
- Autumn is the new high season in Ibiza
- Ibiza in March 2020 - What weather to expect & what to do
- What's on in Ibiza in February 2020?
- Ibiza in January 2020 - What's on & what to do
- Happy New Year from Ibiza!
- Merry Christmas from the team at SeeIbiza.com