Beautiful and simple church that is situated on top of the hill overlooking the town of San Miguel and the surrounding countryside.
It was not only built for religious purposes but also a fortress and dates back to the 14th century. It was added to the 17th century when two chapels were built on both sides of the main altar, one of which is known as the painted chapel, due to the unusual paintings on the walls.
The interior is fittingly more cathedral like than many of the smaller churches on the island and it sees much activity throughout the year, not least on their saints day on 29th of September. The main altar features 3 statues, the middle one of Saint Miguel and he has Saint Rafael at one side and Maria Goretti (a young Italian saint) on the other.
- Parking on street
- Carrer de Missa
More Ibiza Insights...
- Best 5 rooftop bars in Ibiza
- Top 10 celebrities to spot in Ibiza this summer
- The Rolling Stones rock Ibiza
- Top 5 family beaches in Ibiza
- Travel to Ibiza opens on June 21st 2020
- Blue Flag beaches in Ibiza in 2020