Directed by Julien Temple, who's behind documentaries on the Sex Pistols and Glastonbury, and with music curated by Fatboy Slim, 'Ibiza - The Silent Movie' is a trip through the White Isle's history, from the Phoenicians and Greeks who settled here in ancient times to the clubbing culture of today.
Old footage is combined with brand new scenes and reenactments to tell the history of Ibiza, of the culture pot that the island has always been, of the dark times of Franco and the bright days of the hippies and, most of all, of the electronic music that was born here and is still the beating heart of the White Isle. The film is also a warning against the perils of over-tourism in what Temple has described as "an intervention".
With no words, only the music expertly curated by Norman Cook, aka Fatboy Slim, the soundtrack mixes flawlessly with the images to create an audiovisual experience that everyone who's been to Ibiza, or plans to come here, should watch.
The film premiered at Glastonbury and a list of selected UK cinemas on June 26th 2019. Watch the trailer below.
More Ibiza Insights...
- Holidays in Ibiza - Tourists welcome in July 2020
- More airlines flying to Ibiza in June 2020
- Autumn is the new high season in Ibiza
- Ibiza in March 2020 - What weather to expect & what to do
- What's on in Ibiza in February 2020?
- Ibiza in January 2020 - What's on & what to do