During the Easter week the Ibizan streets are filled with residents paying their respects to Jesus.
No easter egg hunts or spring chicks here on Ibiza, but rather this is a time for the Island's population to contemplate and remember the passion of Christ, mourning his loss and then joy at his resurrection.
Huge images of the Virgin Mary and Jesus are carried through towns as part of a big procession. This happens in most of the towns and villages but the biggest displays being in Ibiza Town (Eivissa) and Santa Eulalia.
The Good Friday procession is something to behold; colourful, masked and yet somber as groups of faithful islanders carry heavy wooden platforms with decorated figures of patron saints and other religious characters.
Tourists and locals are all invited to experience this amazing tradition that makes Holy Week on Ibiza something to remember.
More Ibiza Insights...
- Holidays in Ibiza - Tourists welcome in July 2020
- More airlines flying to Ibiza in June 2020
- Autumn is the new high season in Ibiza
- Ibiza in March 2020 - What weather to expect & what to do
- What's on in Ibiza in February 2020?
- Ibiza in January 2020 - What's on & what to do