This stunning church is hard to miss as it is situated at the top of a high hill overlooking the whole of Santa Eulalia.
Following continuous pirate attacks which destroyed much of the church, in the middle of the 16th century, a new fortified church was built with stronger defences which has stood the test of time as it is still there today.
It's a stunning church with whitewashed walls and a domed roof. The attached watch tower also dates back to the 16th century and is thought to be one of the oldest on the Pitiusas Islands.
At somepoint during the latter part of the 17th century, when pirate attacks became less of a threat, the church was extended and again used a religious building and a focal point during town festivals.
- Free parking
- Pedestrian access
- Puig de Missa
More Ibiza Insights...
- What's on in Ibiza in February 2020?
- Ibiza in January 2020 - What's on & what to do
- Happy New Year from Ibiza!
- Merry Christmas from the team at SeeIbiza.com
- What's on in Ibiza December 2019
- Ibiza gets its 1st Michelin star in 2019