Just two years before his death in 1981, Ibizan painter Narciso Puget Riquer donated his paintings, plus his fathers to the local government.
They have been displayed ever since in the Puget Museum, the collection is comprised of 130 paintings including oil paintings, watercolours and drawings.
Located in Ibiza's Old town, this museum is housed in a beautifully renovated old noble house on the main street and is as much admired for the gothic architecture and history of the building as it is for the works of art displayed within.
Read our review of the Puget Museum here.
- "We just stumbled across this free to enter art gallery which is in the most beautiful house with a stunning courtyard . Upstairs the displays are in different rooms and pull out explanation cards are available at each door entrance. I had no idea who he was and I know very little about art however this a very interesting attraction." - Trip Advisor
- "I have to admit like a few other reviewers to being ignorant of this artist's work. However it looked interesting and it is free. The house itself is lovely and worth stepping in to enjoy the beautiful courtyard. The art took my surprise. I wasn't keen on the oils but the watercolours are superb. The scenes of local fisherman and their wives are stunning. Well worth a visit. Even my teenage son reckoned it was 'alright'..." - Trip Advisor
- "Descending from the top of the mini-mountain and hidden in a small road after passing the cathedral and mini piazza, you will find Puget museum open in the morning and between 4-8pm and which you can access it freely. The museum has a permanent collection and a temporary one, both displaying original paintings, not famous but painted in a unique style 'describing' the life of the locals. I really enjoyed the 1910-1920s pictures and the architecture of the building - so pleased they kept it's original features. Stunning!" - Trip Advisor
When to come
The museum is closed on Mondays and on bank holidays. Opening times:
- July & August - Tuesday to Sunday from 10:00 to 14:00, Tuesday to Friday also from 18:00 to 21:00
- October to March - Tuesday to Friday 10:00-16:30, weekends from 10:00 to 14:00
- April to June & September - Tuesday to Sunday from 10:00 to 14:00, Tuesday to Friday also from 17:00 to 20:00
How to get passes
Entry is free.
- Calle Mayor 18