Located in Sant Antoni, on the road that links Cala Gracioneta and Cap Negret, Es Tragón was awarded a Michelin star, the first one on the island of Ibiza, at last night's ceremony in Seville.
Es Tragon's chef, Álvaro Sanz, worked in some of the best Michelin-starred restaurants in Spain before coming to the White Isle, cooking alongside famous chefs like Berasategui, Arzak, David Muñoz, Eneko Atxa or Pérez Arellano. He landed on Ibiza a few years ago, bringing his unique "rogue urban cuisine" to Es Tragón Restaurant.
Rooted in tradition, he plays with local ingredients and international flavours to offer very personal, creative dishes. His mind-blowing combinations of regional recipes and Mexican touches – he used to be in charge of Arzak's restaurant in Mexico DF, Tezka – are what make this restaurant a one-of-a-kind gourmet haven on the White Isle.
Two tasting menus are available at Es Tragón, as well as à la carte options. The restaurant is currently closed but will open again in April 2020.
More Ibiza Insights...
- Travel to Ibiza opens on June 21st 2020
- Blue Flag beaches in Ibiza in 2020
- Holidays in Ibiza - Tourists welcome in July 2020
- More airlines flying to Ibiza in June 2020
- Autumn is the new high season in Ibiza
- Ibiza in March 2020 - What weather to expect & what to do