It looks like the summer season may kickstart in Ibiza as early as June 2020. After Lufthansa's announcement that they would resume flying to Palma de Mallorca from Germany, Ryanair has now confirmed that they plan to start flying to Ibiza and Palma from London, Berlin and Dublin in late June.
Passengers will be able to come to Mallorca from Germany from June 1st 2020, according to Harry Hohmeister, member of Lufthansa's Executive Board, who explained that it was the growing interest among its customers that's led the airline to make this decision. As for Ryanair, they'll be resuming around 40% of their normal flight schedule from the end of June, including flights to Palma and Ibiza Town.
Both Ryanair and Lufthansa will have to comply with safety and hygiene measures. Ryanair has already announced that they'll ask passengers to travel with fewer bags, to check-in online and to wear face masks at all times.
The Spanish government has imposed a 14-day quarantine for anyone entering the country but this restriction may be eased as Spain moves forward onto the next phases of the lockdown release.
More Ibiza Insights...
- Best 5 rooftop bars in Ibiza
- Top 10 celebrities to spot in Ibiza this summer
- The Rolling Stones rock Ibiza
- Top 5 family beaches in Ibiza
- Travel to Ibiza opens on June 21st 2020
- Blue Flag beaches in Ibiza in 2020
- Open Air Movie Night at Amante, Sol d'en Serra
- Summer Lovers at Nikki Beach, Santa Eulalia
- Bloop - International Proactive Art Festival 2020, Ibiza Island
- Arte en Aiyanna 2020 - A Series of Art Exhibitions, Cala Nova
- Bongo's Bingo Ibiza Pool Party at Ibiza Rocks, San Antonio
- Craig David's TS5 Pool Party at Ibiza Rocks, San Antonio