This is a fiesta for Ibiza's coastal villages. The celebration of the virgin starts with an evening mass procession with local people carrying a statue of the virgin, the patron of fishermen, to the port where the statue is taken aboard a boat that has been decorated for the fiesta.
This boat is followed out to sea by a procession of similarly adorned fishing boats.
These processions can be seen in many of Ibiza's ports including Ibiza Town, Sant Antoni, Es Cubells, Portinatx and Formentera.
More Ibiza Insights...
- Best 5 rooftop bars in Ibiza
- Top 10 celebrities to spot in Ibiza this summer
- The Rolling Stones rock Ibiza
- Top 5 family beaches in Ibiza
- Travel to Ibiza opens on June 21st 2020
- Blue Flag beaches in Ibiza in 2020