Amante is the home of one of the most beautiful and atmospheric open air cinemas in the world as voted by the Independent and Daily Mail.
Perched on a cliff overlooking the Sol d’en Serra bay, this unique open air cinema is surrounded by dramatic rocks and lush greenery. The seating for the evening consists of the comfiest full-length bean bags, and blankets are available for those that want to snuggle up.
The price is €30 for freshly made popcorn, a glass of cava and the film. Waiting staff provide a service for additional drinks.
All films at Amante start at 21:30 and their 2017 schedule is as follows:
- Tuesday 30 May - Florence Foster Jenkins: The story of Florence Foster Jenkins, a New York heiress who dreamed of becoming an opera singer, despite having a terrible singing voice.
- Tuesday 6 June - Big Fish: A frustrated son tries to determine the fact from fiction in his dying father's life.
- Tuesday 13 June - Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas: An oddball journalist and his psychopathic lawyer travel to Las Vegas for a series of psychedelic escapades.
- Tuesday 20 June - Captain Fantastic: In the forests of the Pacific Northwest, a father devoted to raising his six kids with a rigorous physical and intellectual education is forced to leave his paradise and enter the world, challenging his idea of what it means to be a parent.
- Tuesday 27 June - Inglorious Bastards: In Nazi-occupied France during World War II, a plan to assassinate Nazi leaders by a group of Jewish U.S. soldiers coincides with a theatre owner's vengeful plans for the same.
- Tuesday 8 August - Lost in Translation: A faded movie star and a neglected young woman form an unlikely bond after crossing paths in Tokyo.
- Tuesday 15 August - Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children: When Jacob discovers clues to a mystery that stretches across time, he finds Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children.
- Tuesday 29 August - Pulp Fiction: The lives of two mob hit men, a boxer, a gangster's wife, and a pair of diner bandits intertwine in four tales of violence and redemption.
- Wednesday 6 September - The Secret Life of Walter Mitty: When his job along with that of his co-worker are threatened, Walter takes action in the real world embarking on a global journey that turns into an adventure more extraordinary than anything he could have ever imagined.
- Tuesday 12 September - La La Land: A jazz pianist falls for an aspiring actress in Los Angeles.
- Tuesday 19 September - Walk The Line: A chronicle of country music legend Johnny Cash's life, from his early days on an Arkansas cotton farm to his rise to fame with Sun Records in Memphis.
- Wednesday 27 September - Nocturnal Animals: A wealthy art gallery owner is haunted by her ex-husband's novel, a violent thriller she interprets as a symbolic revenge tale.
Location: Sol d'en Serra
Event: Film Screening | Outdoor Event
Venue Style: Beach Club
Address: Cala Sol Den Serra | Sol d'en Serra | 07849