Although most of Ibiza traditional cuisine is based on fish, there are some typical meat dishes that were usually prepared for festivities. Sofrit Pagès is a great example of the latter.
Fish was the main staple of local Ibizan inhabitants because of its low cost, so meat was reserved for celebrations. Sofrit Pagès is the most typical meat dish in the island's interior, prepared by farmers on special occasions.
This recipe is made with a mix of different kinds of meat usually including lamb, chicken, botifarrón and sobrassada, together with potatoes, seasonal Mediterranean vegetables (artichokes, peppers, tomatoes...) and spices such as saffron, paprika, etc. A mouth-watering stew to eat on a stop of your cycling tour across the island's mountains.
More Ibiza Insights...
- Fall for autumn 2019 in Ibiza
- What's on in Ibiza September 2019
- Become a nightlife mogul with Ibiza's Monopoly
- Usain Bolt unwinds in Ibiza
- Harry & Meghan holiday in Ibiza
- Where to watch the Perseids 2019 in Ibiza