Although most of Ibiza traditional cuisine is based on fish, there are some typical meat dishes that were usually prepared for festivities. Sofrit Pagès is a great example of the latter.
Fish was the main staple of local Ibizan inhabitants because of its low cost, so meat was reserved for celebrations. Sofrit Pagès is the most typical meat dish in the island's interior, prepared by farmers on special occasions.
This recipe is made with a mix of different kinds of meat usually including lamb, chicken, botifarrón and sobrassada, together with potatoes, seasonal Mediterranean vegetables (artichokes, peppers, tomatoes...) and spices such as saffron, paprika, etc. A mouth-watering stew to eat on a stop of your cycling tour across the island's mountains.
More Ibiza Insights...
- Ibiza in January 2020 - What's on & what to do
- Happy New Year from Ibiza!
- Merry Christmas from the team at SeeIbiza.com
- What's on in Ibiza December 2019
- Ibiza gets its 1st Michelin star in 2019
- November 2019 in Ibiza - Top 7 things to do