Although most of Ibiza traditional cuisine is based on fish, there are some typical meat dishes that were usually prepared for festivities. Sofrit Pagès is a great example of the latter.
Fish was the main staple of local Ibizan inhabitants because of its low cost, so meat was reserved for celebrations. Sofrit Pagès is the most typical meat dish in the island's interior, prepared by farmers on special occasions.
This recipe is made with a mix of different kinds of meat usually including lamb, chicken, botifarrón and sobrassada, together with potatoes, seasonal Mediterranean vegetables (artichokes, peppers, tomatoes...) and spices such as saffron, paprika, etc. A mouth-watering stew to eat on a stop of your cycling tour across the island's mountains.
More Ibiza Insights...
- Travel to Ibiza opens on June 21st 2020
- Blue Flag beaches in Ibiza in 2020
- Holidays in Ibiza - Tourists welcome in July 2020
- More airlines flying to Ibiza in June 2020
- Autumn is the new high season in Ibiza
- Ibiza in March 2020 - What weather to expect & what to do