Almost every region in Spain has its own traditional rice recipe, and Arros de matances is Ibiza's take on the grain.
Although nowadays it can be found in most of the restaurants serving traditional Ibiza cuisine, Arros de matances was typically only made on "matanza" day, when pigs were slaughtered.
The main ingredients are pork and squid, mixed with tomatoes, peppers, garlic, onion, olive oil, saffron and, of course, rice cooked "caldoso" style with excess water resulting in a delicious soupy dish.
More Ibiza Insights...
- Travel to Ibiza opens on June 21st 2020
- Blue Flag beaches in Ibiza in 2020
- Holidays in Ibiza - Tourists welcome in July 2020
- More airlines flying to Ibiza in June 2020
- Autumn is the new high season in Ibiza
- Ibiza in March 2020 - What weather to expect & what to do